If you want to add additional data fields (such as Position, Wind Speed, Sea State, etc.) then:
- Click on the "edit" button next to the new logbook you have created and then
- Click the "+" symbol to the right of the heading "Additional Data Fields".
- Type the name of the additional field heading (ie. Position, Wind Speed, etc.) and select the type of data field. The data fields are as
- PositionField is a field for storing
latitude/longitude coordinates. A logbook that has one of these fields
included in it will have those positions plotted on the GoogleMaps map
that appears on their boat profile homepage.
- FloatField is a field for storing numbers only
(the "float" come from floating-point decimal number). This would be
used for storing numbers such as wind speed and wind direction as
- TextField is field for storing text-based
information. This would be used for storing information such as "Sea
State" (ie. slight, moderate, heavy, etc.)
- TrackField is a field for storing inbound tracks to the log. Track text should be copied into this field. Currently the only format that is supported is GPX format or any other XML format that includes position in an XML object as "lat" and "lon" attributes.
- Click the "Submit" button to create the additional data field. You will see that it now appears below the heading "Additional Data Fields". Click the
"Submit" button again to return to the list of logbooks.